First Lutheran Church of the Trinity (First Trinity) is a faith community, called to grow in the Spirit, love as Christ loves us, and participate in God’s liberating work of justice and peace. We have been serving the Bridgeport, Chicago neighborhood since 1865. We are an Evangelical Church in America (ELCA) congregation. We believe the Gospel is a message of liberation, forgiveness, renewed life, and transformation, and that the Gospel is deeply relevant to our lives today. We are a forward-facing church and we welcome all and any who are interested in becoming part of a faith community. We believe in radical hospitality as outlined in our Affirmation of Welcome:
Because Christ welcomes us and all people into God’s family, we welcome you! You are welcome here, whether you are single or married, living as partners or divorced, whether or not you are raising children, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, nationality, documentation status, socio-economic status, religious background, age or abilities. You are welcome here as beloved children of God. Your love is respected here, and you are welcome to have your marriage or union affirmed. Come and celebrate God’s grace and love.
First Trinity is currently seeking a Part Time Administrator to join our staff in Bridgeport, Chicago, IL
Provide administrative support to facilitate the effective functioning of the programs at First Trinity and God’s Closet. This position performs administrative and communication duties for the pastor and council in a timely manner. The Administrative Assistant shall articulate First Trinity’s mission and affirmation of welcome. Approximately 20 hours per week.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in day to day operations; responding to emails and phone messages, check mail, etc.
- Greets members, staff, community partners and other visitors appropriately and professionally and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain administrative and office related files, forms, databases, and office supplies
- Support the volunteer staff, pastor, and church council
- Ensure the timeliness of record maintenance
- Perform the financial procedures including basic bookkeeping, monthly and quarterly reports to the council, weekly deposits, bill payment.
- Provide administrative support for worship including weekly bulletins and other materials as needed.
- Create and send weekly e-news, occasional press releases, and social media posts for the congregation
- Administration of company accounts, emails, website
- Other duties as assigned by pastor and council
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- 1 year previous experience working in an office environment required
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be respectful of the diverse cultures of the people served and to provide culturally appropriate, competent and individualized treatment in accordance with each client’s age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, and culture.
- Strong data entry skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word or similar, Excel, Google Aps, WordPress, and Quickbooks.
- Ability to interact in a supportive and professional manner with members, volunteers, community partners, and other visitors.
- Must be able to organize and manage time appropriately, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well verbally, in writing and in a high degree of responsiveness to both internal and external customers.
- Previous church, justice, or social work background preferred.
What we offer:
- Hourly wage $15/hour
- Flexible schedule, average 20 hours per week
- Ability to work from home
- Welcoming, supportive environment
DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 8. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!