2 Corinthians 4:16-18
So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.
The redevelopment team met last week to review progress on our goals and reconnect. We discussed some of our successes and challenges, especially with regards to motivation.
For August we will continue to focus on the following goals:
- Recruit and training Godly Play leaders
- Pastor Tom and Erika have identified a couple new leaders, but we could still use more.
- Scheduling a training to help people share their faith stories
- Scheduled for September 16
- Scheduling a training for those who want to help lead worship
- Scheduled for August 19
- Ask more members to share their stories in church
- At least one person has signed up to share a faith story each month though the end of the year!
- Pastor Tom will begin regular coaching sessions
- He has!
- Begin announcing the offering in church to help convey the meaning of our gifts
- We have!
Additionally we will continue working to be a more inviting church, sharing our stories, and living into our new call to mission. We are blessed to have a community that is ready to do the work of the spirit and encourage your questions and comments, and appreciate your support as we work together in this process.